Leading is a river
VUCA = Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity
The world is out of whack. There’s no such thing as security anymore.
Leaders are increasingly expected to exhibit openness, spontaneity and creativity, while at the same time adhering to a clear strategy.
More and more levels of hierarchy are being scrapped. Teams are becoming more and more culturally diverse. They are also getting bigger, covering a larger area with more distance between members, and are often managed virtually.
Companies need to cultivate a corporate culture that promotes maximum creativity. And at the same time they are expected to constantly increase efficiency and effectiveness.
These and similar questions need to be answered:
- How can I learn to successfully navigate through turbulent waters?
- How can leaders maintain credibility and provide guidance in volatile situations?
- How can leaders manage virtual teams that are spread out across great distances?
- How do I reach people emotionally?
- How can I quickly grasp problems in tough meetings, difficult conversations, important presentations, negotiations and online conferences, and then do the right thing?